I don’t do much painted stuff, but here’s one fairly recent piece. And just for the heck of it, I’ll also show you a bit of the process that went into making this piece.
The first three thumbnails were my initial studies. After a mix-and-match process with the editor, I combined elements and wound up with sketch number four. Feeling that the Spider was in an awkward position, we wound up with the final sketch, with Domino Lady up front and the Spider at the back.
After that, I drew a clean line version of the sketch on an illustration board, then proceeded to paint over it using poster paint, with some colored pencils for the details.
After scanning the painted figures, I did the art deco background and text in Illustrator and Photoshop. The editor thought that the Spider’s hair was too groomed, so I painted over it in Photoshop, giving him a “scragglier” look.
Sadly, this piece will go unpublished. But I didn’t want it to go to waste so I posted it here for everyone to see. 🙂